HUMANISTIC PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP
Juan Manuel Díaz Burgos
This Workshop aims to take a tour of the speaker's personal work. His concerns, experiences and work around a topic that has been the main axis of his professional career; the human being.
1. GENERAL CONTENT:
- The human subject as an essential foundation in photography
- The photographic project as a central axis.
- Planning, organization and methodology.
- Choice of the photographic medium.
Make the author's own experiences known through his more than thirty years of work in the field.
From a didactic and participatory approach, this complete methodological explanation will be articulated both in the development of practical models concerning theory, aesthetics and technique as well as in the small stories and vicissitudes that have marked each project and that in some way, have also molded and directed the final work.
The workshop combines the theory of image, with the detailed explanation of personal experience, through the viewing of a large number of images belonging to different projects.
2. DEVELOPMENT OF THE COURSE:
CONTENT AND METHODOLOGY
- The workshop begins with a brief introduction of the role that both portrait and human documentary have played in the history of photography.
- The reasons and justifications for my personal projects will be explained.
- Comments and colloquium of the exposed works.
- Selection of the subject.
- Edition of the work.
- The lab. Chemical / Digital.
- Finishing and presentation.
- Final thoughts.
Friday 18 September
Casa Cultura Jávea
Plaça de Baix, 6
10.00 h. - 14.00 h.